Here are videos of fans celebrating Vijay TV’s Kamal Express at Bangalore and Salem, courtesy Kamal Haasan Orkut community!
As part of the Golden Jubilee coverage, Kamal was recently featured on Your Call, a programme on NDTV. Above is the full video of the programme. Highlights:
- Cho pulling Kamal’s leg on entering politics
- Shruti’s personal banter with Kamal
- Kamal’s views on marriage and family, which hit the headlines on several media outlets and debated in the blogosphere
NDTV also has an informal video of Kamal just before the programme was shot. Enjoy!
While the Eenadu trailer was launched officially in Hyderabad on Saturday and distributed to various Web-sites, Unnaipol Oruvan’s was soft-launched on Facebook around midnight (India time) subsequently. We expect the Tamil trailer to be officially launched on August 31, Monday, along with the audio. Till then, check out the one on Facebook and the Telugu trailer on IndiaGlitz or 123Telugu.com.
Both trailers look slick and setup the basic plot which will help draw audience to the theatres. But surprisingly, the Tamil version is a whole 50 seconds longer.
As part of the Golden Jubilee celebrations organized by Vijay TV, “Kamal Express” rolled out of Chennai on August 24, as per plan.
The bus left from AVM Studios and was flagged off by AVM Saravanan. It is apt that the bus originated from here since Kamal’s first movie Kalathur Kannammaa was shot here. Others present included Aksharaa Haasan, Subbulakshmi, Rama Narayanan and VC Guhanathan. Read more from The Hindu and Behindwoods.
Several members of the Kamal Haasan Orkut community were there, including Shankar ‘Ulagam’. Check out their celebrations and posters in these photos.
The bus was also sighted at Puducherry (Pondicherry). Did you catch the bus anywhere? Let us know your experiences in the Comments section!
[With inputs from Ananth and photos via Shankar ‘Ulagam’]
When Kamal stepped into his Golden Jubilee year on August 12, there were several who wished him. Kamal celebrated the occasion with a few close associates and well-wishers.
There were quite a few who put out ads in newspapers, while partially seeking publicity for themselves. Here are some of them.
Unlike some earlier occasions including Dasavathaaram, the media did justice this time.
- NDTV, CNN-IBN and Times Now carried interview snippets. The first two videos are featured above. Watch Kamal talk about his childhood acting experiences, “sibling” relationship with Sridevi, about Mani Ratnam and acting with Mohanlal among other things. He also mentions for the first time about not going ahead with 19 Steps (or The 19th Step?).
- Thenaali.com featured a long tribute from Prakashraj (aka Prakash Rai).
- Deccan Chronicle carried a short interview, where Kamal underplays the significance of the milestone.
- Nighazhuvugal.com came up with a piece that included a list of all his movies.
- The Times of India came up with a good photo gallery.
- Vikatan.com came up with a list of 50 tidbits.
- Read other reports from The Hindu, Sify.com, The Times of India, Thatstamil, Chennai365, Galatta.com, India Today, SivajiTV.com, Behindwoods, and Dinamani and Maalaisudar. Sify.com now also has a separate page for Kamal-related news and other stuff.
- Trying to find Cocaine for sale allweedsonline ? Check out this page: www.allweedsonline.com
[With inputs from Ananth]